DIY Gift for men: Simple leather keychain

Is it me, or do you find it very difficult to shop for men? I wanted to gift hubs something useful, handmade for our anniversary, so thought this would be something special. He loved it and is using it to hang the keys to our home :) I am sure it will be loved by the man in your life as well, so here is the easy DIY tutorial.


For this project, you’ll need this stuff:

Supplies


  • Scraps of leather (I had these from an earlier project) 
  • Keychain (I bought this from Daiso but you can get yours anywhere)
  • Wax threads/Embroidery threads
  • Needle
  • Scissors
  • Any other embellishments you want to add


Step 1:

Cut a scrap piece to the desired length. At one end of one of the sides, I cut a "V" shape to make it look cool.



Step 2:

Start assembling the key chain. Loop in the key ring into the leather piece. I had a clasp, so added that as well to add some interest.

 


Step 3:

Thread the needle with the wax thread and start to stitch from the side with the key ring. I did a simple one stitching both the pieces of leather together.


Step 4:

Similarly, finish the other edge of the same side as in the picture.

 

Step 5:

For the other side, I just wanted to keep that "V" outside the band, so I decided to stitch an "X".

 


Step 6:

Here is what the final key chain looks like after all the stitching:



Step 7:

To jazz it up, you can add some funky keys. Since I was gifting it to my hubs as a gift for 4 years of married life, I added a number "4":


Your DIY gift is ready! This keychain took literally about 15 minutes to make (or less)! Couldn't get easier than that, huh?

Are you going to try this? Let me know in the comments below! xo. Divya

No comments:

Post a Comment