Craft Room/ Study Reveal


Instead of sharing boring and sweaty pictures of putting this place together, I figured I’d just share the good! So without further ado, I wanted to share a quick tour around my new craft room (before decorating!!!) and of my new craft room basic set-up.

When we were looking for a new house, I was sure I needed a space for me for my crafts and my office supplies and I am so happy with how it is turning out! Besides looking fun and quirky, I also needed it to be functional for both of us. It took a bit of brainstorming, moving and adding things until I finally got it where it needed to be. Let's take a look!

You can see in the before photo that we basically painted it bright white like all the other rooms in the house bringing in a lot of natural light through the high windows. Loved it, and made the room look so much bigger than it actually was!


I went on and doodled one wall of the room to give it some color, texture and a quirky personality. It has turn out super fun!


Found this super cool door hanger at Typo, and thought it would fit perfectly with what goes inside this room (Yay!). Also, this altered paint brush is a good addition to the door:


We had this huge table and I thought it would sit just perfect in my craft space. I added another trestle table to make it a perfect L. Couldn't be happier with the result! To hide some imperfections (and to give the table some character), I added a tape measure to the edge, and it now looks way cooler! If I’m being honest, my favorite place to work on projects was actually the floor, but I’m trying to make a conscious effort in using this large work table more and more to save my back from unnecessary strain.


{The blank wall you see in front of the table is the next project in the room! :)}

It’s great to have a dedicated space for office and another for crafting. The black office chair is a not so-pretty but comfortable companion. Gift wrapping papers are neatly rolled and stored in a basket to make them easily accessible. Packaging boxes are arranged in a box under the table, also serving as a wrapping station.

This is where I work - all day, everyday and I LOVE it. There are a few little personal things I want to share about my work desk area which I love -

  1. The Bose speaker is my first love. I NEED to listen to music while I am working.
  2. The Craft Storage Caddy I refurbished can organize and store all my tools and supplies that I need at hand (though it needs a little bit of cleaning up now).
  3. This artificial succulent from KMart freshens up my mood while I’m working.   
 
One way to make a boring room into a unique space is to give it a great lighting fixture! To keep with the fun industrial vibe of the house, I chose this light fixture, and it’s absolutely perfect for the fun vibe I was going for.


How do you keep a craft room look clean? Organization! I had this black and white shelf lying around, and thought I could put it to use to showcase some of my stuff. The top shelves keep my cuddly craft room companions (including the Bond 007 Aston Martin belonging to hubs), and my previous craft projects. The second shelf stores some books, mixed media stuff, and showcases some of my pretty laces holding a special place in my heart. The next ones store stamps, dies, papers, adhesives, and miscellaneous projects.


Having the KALLAX storage cube from Ikea keeps all the supplies organized so I know which bin everything should return to when I’m done. I am still organizing the storage and I think it is a never ending task. I am still to unpack the carton on the bottom right shelf.


Picked up this filing cabinet and I use it to organize more of my supplies. Had bought some knobs from Ishka ages ago. I wasn't even sure about what I wanted to do with it, but I am so glad I finally got to use them to spruce up this cabinet. They add some interest and a pop of color to the space! LOVE! :)  


Found a bunch of jars at the Reject Shop and filled them with colorful lace and washi tape to add some color. The lids have a cute little birdie! :) 




I also printed this colorful printable "Makers gonna Make" by Raising up Rubies, and this chalkboard quote "Creativity is messy" by Be different, act normal. Love them both! Next to them is a pic of us (on a mod podged frame I gifted to hubby ages ago), and a cute little penguin to brighten up my day. A cute little panda glass which I had got as a take away gift from a Japanese restaurant ages ago is right next to it!



Had a kitchen organizer lying around, so I used it to organize my (limited) collection of distress inks, rust paste, embossing powders, mixed media textures, etc.

More Ishka knobs adorn the boring Ikea drawers. Love the detailing on them. SCORE!














I wanted to make a cheerful and fun room to work out of, and I think I achieved just that.

While it's not perfect and I'm not completely done, I've come a long way!

Update: The wall in front of my craft desk got a major facelift with some DIY Color Swatch art.

xo. Divya

No comments:

Post a Comment