DIY Coffee coasters in under an hour!

Coasters are super functional for sure, so why not make some fun ones for your home? Coasters of all kinds can be made with scraps you have right at home, and personalized to your liking!

I had purchased these chipboard coasters from Bunnings ages ago (which I had completely forgotten about!), so thought why not make them into some fun coasters that I can use around the house! You could use cork coasters, or tiles, or wood if you like.



Supplies:
  • Coasters
  • Mod Podge (any type would do)
  • Scrapbook paper – one sheet of your favorite pattern
  • Paintbrush
  • Pencil
  • Acrylic paint in colors of your choice
  • Clear Crackle texture paste (optional)
  • Glass Beads Gel (optional)
  • Rust paste (optional)
  • Paper towel for clean-up

Steps:

1. Paint your coasters with acrylic paint to get a good base including the edges.



2. Trace your coasters with the pencil directly onto the scrapbook paper and cut inside the line.

 


3. Add a layer of Mod Podge to the coaster and then lay the paper down and smooth out any wrinkles or bubbles. Let dry for 15 – 20 minutes. I also coated Mod Podge on top of the scrapbook paper.


You could stop here if you want, but I wanted to add some more effects.


4. To add some coffee colors, I rubbed off some distress ink pads on the coasters.


5. Since I also wanted to give a little bit of a rustic mixed media effect, I added some crackle texture paste over the Mod Podge layer. I also added Glass bead gel in some areas.


6. Then I finished off with some rough rust paste and some smooth acrylic paint on the edges. It created this special vintage touch that I love so much!


Here's how it looks all complete and ready to use:



Now, off to sip some coffee and use these fun coasters.

Ciao.

No comments:

Post a Comment