Mixed media cards!

I was inspired to make some cards with artsy backgrounds. Wanted to create something new, which I hadn't done before. Thought I would give a start, and see where they lead me, and think they turned out quite nice!

Card no. 1

Got all my distress inks out, and started to spray. Was aiming for a "batik" inspired background. So, used a stencil, versamark, and then holographic embossing powder, to get a glittery design on the card. Then went on to emboss it, stamped a sentiment. 


Here is a close up of the background:


I have also entered this card into the Crazy 4 Challenge no."C4C319"
And into the Share Joy Challenge 19: Sketch & Tic-Tac-Toe.


Card no. 2

I wanted to make an inspirational card with an artsy background. Nothing like making one of those to cheer yourself up! 

Again, I started off with spraying several layers of distress inks. Then I went on to stamp some areas to get some more texture. I also painted a few areas with acrylic paints to get a pop of color. Then, I hand sketched out this pretty girl. Went on to emboss her hair with holographic embossing powder to get that shine and glitter. Then made some handmade paper roses, added some paper vines, and then stamped some pretty flowers to adorn her pretty hair, finishing off with some pearl dotsThen, I stamped "You're one of a kind" on several pieces of leftover embossed paper, and added that to the card. 


Here, you can probably see some textures and layers going on: 


I have also entered this card into the SugarPea Designs Sugar Sketch 37 (SPDSS37).

Hope this inspires you to do something creative! 

Love!

4 comments:

  1. BEAUTIFUL mixed media card using the sketch as a starting point. Thanks for playing at SugarPea Designs Sketch challenge:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful mix of elements and techniques!

    ReplyDelete