Cinderella Pop-up card!

Yes, I said it - I am officially obsessed with pop-up cards. Anything that looks out of the ordinary greeting cards catches my eye. I wanted to create a girlie pop-up card, to go down the memory lane of my own childhood. I know I would have loved this card growing up. I loved fairy tales, spinning stories, and everything to do with fairyland.

My mom says that as a kid I would spin stories and get my brother in trouble, and would talk for hours about all things that happened at school. Once a chatter box, always a chatter box! :)  

So, here I made a Cinderella-inspired Pop-up card. I thought of everything that reminds me of the whimsical Cinderella fairy tale - the pumpkin carriage, the glittery glass slipper, the fairy godmother, a starry night, and lots of magic. 






I started off with a bright pink pearlised water color scrapbook paper as a base for this card. I stamped this cute fairy godmother, a cute butterfly, and the sentiments saying "Girls Only" and "Fairy wishes" from a stamp set I had. Then used water color pencils to color them the pink I wanted. 

I then hand sketched the glass slipper, my version of the pumpkin carriage, and the stars. Filled them in with water color pencils, and fuzzy cut them. Then sketched out those stars with white and black felt pen on the scrapbook paper for some more drama. Also added some paint glitter to get some dimensions. 



On the side panels I made some additional stars, and some cute thoughts. Then I added some little pearl dots to give the starry night some more added glitter.

I have also entered this card in the Crazy 4 Challenges C4C320.


I think it turned out quite cute. What do you think?

Hope you are inspired to do something fun today!

Love!

No comments:

Post a Comment