Craft Room Doodle wall

As soon as I had my own space for myself, I had to make it my own. Whether you have your own studio or a corner of your bedroom for your crafting, I feel this is a must to personalize your creative space and let the ideas flow. So, what better than to paint a wall? I did not want to simply paint it a color since I had already done that in other parts of my home. This had to be UNIQUE, so I went about scribbling for some ideas. And that's when I realized, what better than Doodling? Here is a draft I made incorporating everything I love:



By the time I got to creating it on the wall, I wanted to incorporate some 3D elements to the wall and give it a "Gallery Wall" feel. So, once I started, I tweaked the design to incorporate new ideas and thoughts. One thing I must mention here is - Doodling on paper is SO much different from Doodling on a wall! You find it difficult to draw parallel horizontal and vertical lines. I did not want to use a sharpie, so I went with an authentic bottle of Acrylic Paint and a paint brush.

 

Expressive and fun illustrations looked so cute, that I went on and on, adding colors to accentuate some areas.


I had bought a few fun gallery elements from Typo, so added them here and there. I also wanted to incorporate a corkboard, so it got placed for some cute ideas and thoughts. 


While work was in progress, I had this brilliant idea of adding a chalkboard wall as well. That way I could scribble a task list, or just write sweet nothings from time to time. So, that got added too!

 

I think my wall is finally coming to completion (or is it?), and I am loving the fun quirky elements in my room. This is so ME!



Now if you'll excuse me, I've got some work to do in here! xo. Divya

No comments:

Post a Comment