Home: A Painting Tour

Who would have thought choosing paint colors is hard? Firstly, a range of colors is available, like even white has so many shades to choose from… where do you even start?

When we were deciding to move into our first home, I knew I wanted it white. The original color was sort of yellowish:




White totally bounces light off and makes the space lighten up. Hubs and I had several round table discussions resulting in trips to Bunnings, but I was sure of White. No creams or browns for me please!

Being the artsy person in the home, I knew I wanted a "Cool" White and not a "Warm" one. One tester down, we had finalized on "Casper White Quarter" from Dulux, and I am so happy with the results!

The plan was to follow a hard deadline of 2.5 days to finish painting the entire house.
Starting with the masking, adding a coat of primer on the existing feature walls, cleaning walls with sugar soap solutions, and then completing the actual painting process, all of it was done in a record breaking 2.5 days!

  

   

See the huge difference white makes.. So pleased with the change in color! Love the modern look it gives to the whole house.

 

For Feature walls in the living areas, I wanted to use Dulux Design Stone to achieve the earthy feel of natural concrete. I love depth and dimension, so I loved the texture the paint was giving to replicate the variation found in nature.

 

For a feature wall in the bedroom, I wanted to go with the color wash technique. As always a shade of Cool Grey was selected for this. Love how it has turned out! Goes so well in contrast with the brown furniture in the room, and is an evergreen color! I don't think I will ever grow out of it!

 

 I also did a feature "Marble" wall in the powder room to give it a fun look and break the monotony of white, but more on that in a later post. This has been a favorite and received quite a few "oohs" and "aahs" till now:


The 2.5 days were loooong starting from 8:30 am in the morning to 2:30 am in the night. We painted and painted and painted some more, thanks to our local friends (aka family), we finally managed to brighten just about every room in the house– yippee!

{The pic alongside has been taken at 2:00 am after the entire 2.5 day project was complete (Are those dark circles under my eyes? (shrieks!)!}

It was so worth the effort, and made our house a "home"! That is the grand tour of our home painting experience! I love how much of a difference gallons of paint made to our home!

xo. Divya

No comments:

Post a Comment