Craft Market stall experience 3.0

Thanks to everyone who came to my third stall at the North Essendon Craft Market this Easter, on 26 March, 2016. Hope you had an amazing Easter weekend! 

Here is me all smiles at the beginning of the day after the set up:


For this month's stall, I had been working my way through more purchases since I had some inventory ready. I had a good stock ready for my photo albums, so I created some newer baby gifts and generic fun cards for Easter, and other occasions like weddings, birthdays, anniversaries, etc. 

I bought two trestle tables, and got corresponding fitted table covers stitched. I wanted a rustic, vintage-y table runner, so I had been rummaging through the stores to find one I could use. I kind of knew I wanted something to do with burlap, but wasn't happy with the plain burlap found in the stores.  

So, I made my half-way across the Melbourne city to go to a cafe selling old coffee bean bags. They had heaps and heaps to choose from, and I ended up picking five of the same print (what are the odds?!) I wasn't sure exactly what I wanted to do with all of them, and what size I required, but I knew I wanted them in my life!! I just love the rustic prints. They are just so full of character, fun and unique! 


I cut up the bean bags to make use of the full length, and then stitched up the sides with jute string to make them like a long table runner. The process sounds simple, but was hugely messy, and my living room and clothes were full of hessian threads and hair. 

Here is a close-up of my stall where you can see some of the coffee bean bag runner print peeking through my photo albums:



And here is my "Easter special" corner featuring my bunny favor boxes, and cards. I also added some colorful chocolate eggs for the customers to grab while they were looking around. So many folks stopped by just to ask me if they were painted eggs!


Here are my cards displayed neatly on a cork board and on a shelf. Others are neatly lined up across the table covering a range of prices and age groups. 


Here's a close up of the cork board:


And here is the display stand:


And my "designer" cards find their way to the front of the stall! They are completely unique and special. I had made some fun colorful buntings and strewn them everywhere on the runner. I think they look really fun and cute! 


It was a great day - not too cold, not too warm. After a "Good Friday", we were expecting the craft market to pick up, but the day was S-L-O-W. There were lesser visitors to the market, which was expected due to Easter, but it was awful (though I managed to make a few sales). 

The highlight of my day was meeting customers who had purchased my products. One of my customers had purchased an explosion box from me at my first stall for her 50th wedding anniversary. She stopped by to tell me that her husband really liked the gift. In fact, her daughter-in-laws loved it too! 

Another one of my stallholder friends had purchased a wedding card from me last month. She came by to tell me that she had showed it to family and friends, and they thought it was beautiful! Getting such feedback is just amazing, so, thank you so much. Another big thank you to everyone who stopped by. You made it all worthwhile!



The stall experience is thrilling, and I can't wait to be back to see you all again! 

Love, 
Divya :)

No comments:

Post a Comment