Travel Journal - New Zealand documented!

Hi folks, 

In this post, I share a journal I had made to capture my trip to New Zealand. It practically became a junk journal where I stored everything from pamphlets, to ticket stubs, to coins, to tags. It became quite huge in the end, but I loved it! 



For the cover, I wanted something completely shabby chic and rustic. So, I used a corrugated piece left of a box. Then I used black and white acrylic paint to get some color on the cover. I had also picked up some maps from New Zealand, so cut out an outline to add to the cover. Also found some NZ stamps to add, a tag, and a NZ dollar! :)

Here is what it looks like inside. I painted it red and black to get some color, then added my favorite picture of us from the trip layered inside. And then I used rings to bind it all!


Here are some pages inside:
I thought it would be great to have the itinerary in my own artistic way, so sketched out a calendar, and an itinerary along with it.

This was a pocket page, where I added some pamphlets I had picked up on my trip.  Ended up adding some pictures on the page, and thought it looked cute!


Hope you are inspired to do something fun!

Love,
Divya

No comments:

Post a Comment