"Brag Box" with Mini Albums

So, this was a gift to "new" grandparents. The concept was to alter a box that can house all lovely pictures and moments of their grandson. But I did not want to make a big album inside it, since that is not very mobile. Instead, I added small mini albums inside that can be taken out and viewed. 

(Please note that this post is picture heavy!)

So, here is how I made the "Brag box":




I altered a box with mod podging some Blue scrapbook paper. I think it was from an old Kaisercraft collection. I wanted to make everything blue since it was representing a baby boy. 

Then to get some depth, I used some texture paste. I then decorated the lid of the box with blue paper blooms, die cut flowers, ribbons, laces, embellishments, accents and a tag with the handwritten note saying "Nana Nani's Brag box" just to add some dimension to the box. 
One of the embellishments was a cute rocking horse toy, so I also added the words "Lakdi ki kaathi kaathi pe ghoda" (a famous bollywood nursery song). Underneath the lid, I added a cute little poem for the grandparents. 


And here is a top view of the box: 


Inside it, I added the following contents: 

An accordion album with pictures of the baby: Added some cute die cut embellishments, and a bow to tie it shut.




An accordion in an empty ribbon spool: So, I used an empty ribbon spool to create a box to hold the accordion. Decorated it with lace, trims, accents, and some die cut flowers.



A ribbon runs through the middle of the accordion, and both ends of it are tied to the top and bottom of the box. Like this:



And the other is a flip mini album. Added some blooms, scraps,die cut flowers and some accents to decorate the top:



The grandparents loved it, and love to brag about it! 

Have an amazing day ahead! :)

Love
Divya

No comments:

Post a Comment