Mini Album - A perfect Wedding Gift!

Hi folks,

In this post, I share a recent mini album which I had made as a gift to a cousin at his wedding. The mini album contains about 20 pages.

The front and the back of the mini was meant to resemble a gathbandhan (a wedding knot). The maroon front with the sequin and gold lace signifies the girl's saree and the pink back signifies the dupatta on the boy's shoulder at the wedding ceremony. For a closure, I used a gorgeous gold pearl brooch, and added a metal clasp to it. I also added some pearls and beads as danglers.

For the background, I used acrylic paints to get some brightness. For the title of the album, I used adhesive stickers and adhesive sheets on bright orange cardstock, and then used gold foil over it to get an embossed look. I also made gold embossed metal corners with gold foil to give a rich royal look that is a complete must at Indian weddings!



Here are some pictures of the inside pages. Inside as well, I made sure to add the golden touch. 

The first page has a picture of Ganesha. I wrote a sacred verse along the picture for a great beginning to the couple's new life:  

For the second and third pages, I made the backgrounds with acrylic paints and distress inks. Also used some textured paste and gold ink. Then, I added excerpts of the couple's vows to each other. I also added photos of wedding ephemera which I had made earlier, each signifying a ritual from the Indian wedding, or the bride and groom together.




Another random page from the mini that I really like is this distressed page, where I added some textured paste and gold ink. Then I added a picture of the happy couple, loads of die cut flowers, embellishments and leaves, and a gorgeous butterfly using gold foil.


This is the inside of the back cover, where I added a beautiful poem for the new couple. Then I added a picture of a palanquin taking away the bride. Thought it was beautifully apt for the occasion. 


I also listed this in the Use your stuff Challenge # 204 Metallics:

The couple loved the gift, as much I loved making it for them! Hope you all like it too!

Lots of love,
Divya

3 comments:

  1. This mini album is gorgeous! Thanks so much for sharing it with us at Use Your Stuff!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Lori! So glad you liked it! :)

      Delete
  2. Wow! What a gorgeous album. So much work and love went into this. Thank you for sharing it with us! Thank you for joining us at Use Your Stuff and hope to see you again. Happy New Year!
    Tammy DT

    ReplyDelete