Picture Film Reels!

I had these picture wheel dies by Tim Holtz, and had been thinking of what to do with those when I saw this cute cute snow fun film album by Sizzix. I was inspired to make something like that, and here is what I did with it.!

(P.S. - This post is picture heavy!)

Picture wheel no. 1

I wanted to make something for a cute tiny tot who was turning two. So, I took blue as the theme. Added a filmstrip with images of him growing up, and then decorated with some flowers, jute string, burlap, ribbon,lace, and a cute big baby pin. 






To keep the reel closed, I added a ribbon to the end that can be tied in a bow.
I then altered a box to store it safely, and transport it. I also decorated the box with scrapbook paper, ribbons, and trims, paper blooms, and some embellishments from a baby collection. 



Picture wheel no. 2

This picture wheel was made as a gift to a couple on their anniversary. I printed out pictures down the lane through the various milestones of life, right from their wedding to the present year. I picked out
 peach/pink as the color theme. Decorated it with some chipboard roses, ribbons, trims and a gorgeous lace butterfly.



Here too, I added a jute rope to keep the reel closed. And then, altered a box to keep it safely through the years ahead. I decorated the box with fuzzy cut flowers and leaves, and jute string.



Both the gifts received a lot of love! Hope you love it too, and are inspired to do something crafty today!

Love,
Divya

No comments:

Post a Comment