Recipe Book Binder

In this blog post, I share a recipe book binder I had made some time back. This can be a perfect gift for someone who loves cooking, and a great way to organize all the recipes collected through the years! 

(P.S. - This is a picture heavy post!)

Here is the front of the binder. I titled the book as "Mummy ka magic" meaning Mom's magical cooking since I was gifting it to my mom to store all her amazing recipes. I used scrapbook paper to cover the front, back and the spine. I used chalkboard labels for the front, some washi tape, lace, chipboard cutlery, and simple embellishments.





Then, when you open the binder, there is a handmade envelope in the transparent pocket, and a cover page.


Handmade envelope:

The handmade envelope contains pictures of all members of our family. Some pictures were of our childhood being fascinated with cooking utensils, playing around the kitchen, while newer ones were of us cooking in our own home kitchens around the world. The front says, "It's all in the family" hinting that we got the magic all from her! I added the printed chipboard "Love Love" from the Dearlizzydaydreamer collection. 


Here is a paper clip holding the pictures. 



Cover page:

On the cover page, I made an apron, embellished it with lace and chipboard cutlery. I also used a chopstick to make a bookmark that can come in handy when using the book. 



The book contained several plain pages with dividers for the various courses to make it easy to segregate and organize the recipes. I also added funky handmade laminated tabs to enable one to go to the particular section:

Entree:


Mains:


Desserts:


Miscellaneous:


I also added an envelope to keep any pages she may have saved of recipes she liked.


In the end, I added this page, saying "Bon Appetit". 


And, here is how I gift wrapped it in an apron. She loved it! 


Lots of love to you all! 

Divya


No comments:

Post a Comment